• Screening to be held on Sunday, March 18.
• Applicants must register for event to be considered for membership.
• Drop off three (3) original works completed within the last two years to be considered 12:30-1:30 PM and return for pickup 3:30-4:30 PM.
• Works must be finished as appropriate for gallery hanging.
• Applicants will be notified of acceptance or rejection via mail.
• There is no fee for screening. If accepted, annual dues are $40.00.
Applicants for P I T T S B U R G H Society of Artists membership are asked to submit three (3) original works completed within the last two years and not under direct instruction. Each applicant is assigned a number which is attached to each piece for the screening. Work is considered by members of the board of directors. Applicants are accepted by a two-thirds vote of board members present. Work must be finished and gallery-ready. Appropriate hangers and stands must be provided for three-dimensional work.
Following are rough guidelines board members follow in evaluating submissions. These are based on generally accepted guidelines for judging art.
CONSISTENCY: The most decisive factor in judging a candidate for membership is the artist’s ability to speak with a recognizable voice through their work. Consistency in style and medium allows an artist to showcase their talents in the particular area in which they are most accomplished.
VISUAL INTEREST: Visual interest is evaluated by looking at the strength of the work based on the elements and principles of art and design.
CONTENT: The work is examined with an eye towards originality, expression and meaning.
CRAFTSMANSHIP: Craftsmanship is rated according to the skill and degree of quality in the work and presentation.
P I T T S B U R G H Society of Artists is a 501(c)(4) organization. Pittsburgh, PA
email@example.com Copyright © 2019-